HOME SPACE SENSE
A well arranged home interior can maximise space.
- Avoid the temptation of crowding your house with
everything you can think of. Let each room have one
or two focal areas so that they get highlighted.
- Fancy wall finishes like a mud finish is best avoided.
Go for something more solid and long lasting.
- Selecting the right light is absolutely essential.
Dull lighting can ruin an elegant interior.
- Never go in for fake finishes.
Let wood and metal show up as such.
- Instead of expensive marbles, you could innovate
with local stones.
- If you are one of those avid collector's of paintings
or artifacts, don't display them all at once. You
could display them one by one or shift them from room
- Ethnic furniture can add character
to a room.
- Let your house reflect your personality. Don't let
an architect or designer dictate terms to you.
When you hire an interior decorator for your home or office,
here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the firm's credentials.
- Check the interior decor of their own office, it
will give you a fair idea of what they can deliver.
- Talk to the firm's previous clients, inspect some
of their earlier work to check on the quality of materials
used and timely completion.
- Take the quotation, bill of material and drawings
in advance and make sure all agreements are in writing.
- A fairly large architect's firm can also provide
interior decor services. If you hire such a reputed
firm, you can be assured of quality work.